Coming out of Donni to Darlo if the M1 and A1 is stuffed OR the A64 later to York..

Moderator: jeffw

admin
Site Admin

Coming out of Donni to Darlo if the M1 and A1 is stuffed OR the A64 later to York..

Post by admin »

MAKE DAMN SURE YOU CHECK WITH GOOGLE FIRST THIS IS OPEN ALSO ONLY ATTEMPT AT NIGHT OR EARLY AM 2-3-4 etc

Showed Marty this Last night, saved us oodles of time Its a good diversion to know................or the A162 below...both work

viewtopic.php?t=36&sid=e358f7bc703a4b07d7d60e0efd6c858a

Me and Micky just got hammered by this, thank god there was two of us and I could figure a way through as our first thought was A63 to close to Leeds as possible, then swing back out on the A64 (The Blue was all closed or goosed) looking back in the mirror when we got past, it looked like an accident, lots of blues and twos behind us....

shit.jpg
shit.jpg (48.21 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
However, there was a solution and actually not too bad....You have to go up a 7.5 Limit, but if you read this forum you will see that does not apply to coaches...We actually picked up two lorries later who have avoided and came in from the West...We don't ave too

So up to the A63 turn off, and not to leeds but up said 7.5 Restriction through Micklefield, then through Aberford, then back above the closure. When you reach Aberford, its a junction and stagered or offset to the right infront of you (YES you take it) If you are heading to York take the A64 when you get there and follow it in or stay on the A1 (M) to Darlington..............

micklefield.jpg
micklefield.jpg (44.01 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
micklefield1.jpg
micklefield1.jpg (53.83 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
micklefield2.jpg
micklefield2.jpg (42.11 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
micklefield3.jpg
micklefield3.jpg (31.05 KiB) Viewed 3099 times

***NOTE I USE SYGIC with the Coach dimensions set, which will not allow you to go up roads with low bridges***

https://www.sygic.com/truck/caravan-navigation