Into and Out of York NIGHTSHIFT

Moderator: jeffw

admin
Site Admin

Into and Out of York NIGHTSHIFT

Post by admin »

This isn't a diversion but a way into and out of York..(This is a canny drive, I normally catch 40 winks or other driver based on whos first or second) PLEASE NOTE NX monitors speed limits into and out of York so do not speed, NOT the A19 I mean YORK itself.

INTO YORK

When you leave the Boro, head for the A19 and stay on it, until you come to the York turn off York A19, Scarboro A170 etc and at the bottom of the slip road your are turning LEFT.

york1.jpg
york1.jpg (135.82 KiB) Viewed 5620 times

Follow the road all the way, though Skelton, Clifton etc until you come to the END.....a fair sized roundabout....(Three roundabouts to deal with)

This one, you are going right onto the A1237 "Leeds, Thirsk", the Next Roundabout you are going straight over, the THIRD you are going left onto the A59

york2.jpg
york2.jpg (85.51 KiB) Viewed 5620 times
york3.jpg
york3.jpg (187.3 KiB) Viewed 5620 times
NOW be careful up the A59 as their are bus ways and car ways (i.e split road islands) just watch for them with it being dark, but you follow to the end then take a tightish left

york4.jpg
york4.jpg (115.91 KiB) Viewed 5620 times

Now follow the road, till you see the arch and you are turning LEFT and then pass the station and PARK n Pick up passengers where the red bus is parked.

york5.jpg
york5.jpg (119.91 KiB) Viewed 5617 times
york6.jpg
york6.jpg (112.61 KiB) Viewed 5618 times
NOW from the RED bus, you are doing a U Turn and coming back on yourself the way you have just come in...SO watch your tail spin, position yourself carefully, watch your mirrors and crank her round...Failing that if a lorry is parked and you can't continue straight ahead, go under the arch and keep RIGHT and come back on yourselve...

Out of York

This will make sense to you, if you have done Doncaster....What you are doing here, is coming back out the way you came in, but unlike Days where you would go back up the A59 and reverse, you are going straight ahead...YOu will come to a garage and are bearing left, but stay right on the bend, and watch as its a bit naughty and back onto the the road towards the A1...Once on the A1 you are heading all the way as if going to Doncaster...i.e Junction 43 where it splits to Leeds (m1, a1) you stay as if going into DOncaster BUT don't and continue past to the M18 come off and right and follow back onto the M1 and Woodall...I'll tidy this up later.....